Re: [O] R-generated images not showing

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: [O] R-generated images not showing
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 10:41:53 -0400 (EDT)

On 11 September 2019, Nick Dokos wrote:

The usual method is to bisect your setup-orgmode.el file: comment out
the bottom half and if that makes it work, then you know that the
problem is in the part that you commented out. Recursively, bisect
further.

My problem report wasn't very good, I admit. I was hoping someone might recognize the problem so I could avoid bisecting. Thanks for having a look at my config and taking some time to do some testing.

It turns out I found the cause by accident!  I've been using

./configure --with-imagemagick

to configure Emacs before compiling it. I tried it without that option, and now the problem has gone away and images are displaying as they should.

The details of how Org and images and ImageMagick work together are beyond me, but I hope noting this is useful.

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art:
https://listeningtoart.org/