Re: [O] Make beamer items ticked or alerted via overlay?

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Make beamer items ticked or alerted via overlay?
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 11:06:02 +0200

Hi Eric,

"Fraga, Eric" <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, it is possible to use overlays in org beamer export.
>
> Depending on what you want to achieve, there are a number of ways to do
> this.  One way in to introduce LaTeX directives directly.  For instance,
>
> #+begin_src org
>   1. The first point
>   2. The second one @@latex:{\only<2->\checkmark}@@
>   3. the third point
> #+end_src
>
> There are also other examples in section 13.8.4 (Beamer specific syntax)
> in the info manual.

Thanks for the pointer (it's actually section 12.8.4 in my version of
Emacs/Org).  I now have

  #+LATEX_header: \newcommand{\mytick}{\color{green}{\tiny{(HPC-Kunden)}}}
     - Physik @@latex:{\only<2->\mytick}@@
     - @@latex:{\only<1>{Rechtswissenschaft}}@@
@@latex:{\only<2>{\color{red}{Rechtswissenschaft}}}@@

which does what I want.

I was wondering, however, whether there is a more compact way to do the
second line, i.e. without having to repeat the text for which I want to
change the colour.

Cheers,

Loris