[O] Checkbox dependencies - Discern between DONE and CANCELED

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: [O] Checkbox dependencies - Discern between DONE and CANCELED
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 16:58:01 -0500

Hello all,

I have org-enforce-todo-checkbox-dependencies set to t, and I would like to simply
mark some tasks as canceled without needing to mess with the checkboxes.

I can press C-u C-u C-u C-c C-t which will override dependencies.  However, I was
wondering if there's a way for org-mode to automatically not enforce checkbox dependencies when canceling a parent task?

Thanks,
--Nate