[O] Can I get the results of shell code block when exit code is non-zero

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: [O] Can I get the results of shell code block when exit code is non-zero?
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 09:09:52 +0200

Hi all,

apparently when the exit code of the last command in a shell code block
is not zero, I do not get the results.  This doesn't seem to be
documented in the manual (though I might be missing something).  Check
this:

#+begin_src bash :results verbatim
  echo hello world
  exit 0
#+end_src

and this:

#+begin_src bash :results verbatim
  echo hello world
  exit 1
#+end_src

How can I tell Org to put the results in the file anyway?  My use case
is =diff=, which exists with status 1 if differences are found, and this
is a blog post, so I do not want to pollute the post with an =exit 0= at
the end of the code snippet.

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski