Re: [O] Asynchronous session evaluation

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: [O] Asynchronous session evaluation
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 16:00:11 -0700

Hello,

> This sound interesting. I hope this is not going to bit-rot while we're
> waiting for feedback.

Since my last e-mail, I ported this code to a separate package here:
https://github.com/jackkamm/ob-session-async

I've been slowly ironing out various kinks, and it's robust enough now
that I use it regularly for my day-to-day work. Some recent tweaks need
a little more battle-testing, but it's close to being ready for wider
circulation.

> If you think this is stable enough, however, you could simply integrate
> in the master branch after Org 9.3 release. It would require an entry in
> ORG-NEWS, though.

I think this would be good -- having the code upstream in Org, rather
than as a separate package, will allow for better code reuse, since the
async session evaluation needs to be implemented separately for each language.

I'll start working on porting my updates back into my org-mode branch,
and integrate with master after the 9.3 release. Happy to write an
ORG-NEWS entry as well.

Is there a timeline for when 9.3 will be coming out?

Best,
Jack