Re: [O] exported contacts problem

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: [O] exported contacts problem
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 22:24:56 +0000

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> But Org can be an excellent *interface* to those tools, mostly through
> dynamic blocks. I've started using small sqlite databases to keep track
> of things, and dynamic blocks as sql composers/views, and it works
> great. It's very easy to play with the queries, and this is the first
> time I'm actually starting to feel comfortable with sql.
>
> I think in general Org is best used as a compositional tool for data
> drawn from elsewhere.

What do you think of RDB? It seems to be an old set of Perl scripts
derived from /rdb (an older set of Unix shell scripts) that can be used
to do basic relational database commands on textual database tables.  If
it could be translated into an Elisp package, it would fit the Emacs
model of open source and easily understandable data storage.  It can be
gotten via ftp here:

cdb.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/distfiles/RDB-2.6d.tar.gz

--
David