Re: [O] Configure Helm Source from org-tags-view

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: Re: [O] Configure Helm Source from org-tags-view
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 16:20:16 -0500

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 2:14 PM Adam Porter <address@hidden> wrote:
Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:

> <whine>I know, but rifle has sooooo many dependencies</whine>
>
> Rifle is truly awesome, I just have to convince myself to trust
> f.el and d.el or whatever those one-letter libraries are :-)

helm-org-rifle's dependencies are libraries which have been around for
over 6 years and are used by many thousands of people.  The one-letter
names are because Emacs Lisp has no namespaces, and the convention is to
use package prefixes on all symbols, so long package names make for long
symbol names, which makes programming tedious.

This is good to know - I don't really have any rhyme/reason as to what
I use and don't use;  For example, I use Helm which isn't part of default
Emacs.

Thanks again,
--Nate