Re: [O] exported contacts problem

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [O] exported contacts problem
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 18:02:36 +0200

* Jude DaShiell <address@hidden> [2019-08-02 17:48]:
> I have one email message with several .vcf file attachments.  Has orgmode
> got any tool or tools I can use to import contacts from such a message
> into an orgmode table?

And by all means, I would never keep contact in Org file, that is for
short list fine, but for any future planning, contacts shall be in a
real database sorted by its lists.

A list could be group of people, or account name, or company name, or
organization, or interest lists.

Neither bbdb nor Org is suitable for any serious collection of
contacts. I have 192,000+ contacts, and when they are in database and
I am using PostgreSQL, it gives me most of benefits, I can sort people
into lists, groups, I can contact them, count interactions, open up
their files, emails with a fast command, edit their data, add notes,
send them faxes and SMS, maintain relations.

Jean