Re: [O] [Proposal] Source Blocks with Post-Extensions

From: Martin Alsinet
Subject: Re: [O] [Proposal] Source Blocks with Post-Extensions
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 10:52:42 -0500

Well Ken, you improved my workflow right there, I am going to add the :prologue trick to my shell properties header and get the test error output in the results block.

Thank you right back!

On 2019-07-26 at 08:58 -04, Martin Alsinet <address@hidden> wrote...
> I usually have a shell buffer nearby and go there to inspect the
> failed tests when I get no output. The problem is that shell blocks do
> not capture stderr. John Kitchin wrote a blog post
> <http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2015/01/04/Redirecting-stderr-in-org-mode-shell-blocks/>
> about this problem and provided a solution that may work for you, but
> I have not tried it yet.

Ah yes... from my own comments there:

#+begin_src sh :results raw drawer :prologue "exec 2>&1" :epilogue ":"
python -m pytest ./utils
#+end_src

Thanks for reminding me about my past self.

  -k.