Re: [O] Cross reference in TeXinfo export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Cross reference in TeXinfo export
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 12:09:48 +0200

Hello,

> I noticed that the link in the following line in org-guide.org
>
> This document is a much compressed derivative of the
> [[info:org][comprehensive Org mode manual]].
>

> gets turned into this in orgguide.texi
>
> @ref{Top,comprehensive Org mode manual,,org,}.
>

> The PDF version of the guide then looks like this:
>
> This document is a much compressed derivative of the org.
>

> So the link description in the PDF version is just "org", the name of the
> info node.  I think the link text should be "comprehensive Org mode
> manual".  Is anyone familiar enough with the texinfo exporter and texinfo
> to fix this?

Actually, this is not about the Texinfo exporter (ox-texinfo.el), but
the library responsible for handling info links (ol-info.el).

Maybe we should use

    @ref{Top,comprehensive Org mode manual,,org,comprehensive Org mode manual}

instead. But what should we do when a section is specified, e.g.,

    @ref{Section Name, description,,org,}

?

Regards,

--