[O] Bug: Docstrings of =org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date= and =org-agend

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: [O] Bug: Docstrings of =org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date= and =org-agenda-todo-ignore-timestamp= unclear [9.2 (release_9.2-215-g5b39d8 @ /home/mbork/others-works/emacs/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 08:55:09 +0200

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

The docstrings of =org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date= and
=org-agenda-todo-ignore-timestamp= do not really tell what these
settings are doing.  They should (imho) emphasize that the former just
omits from the global todo list all entries with at least one active
timestamp (in the hedaline or the body), and the latter checks the first
active timestamp which is not SCHEDULED or DEADLINE and compares it to
today's date.

It could also be mentioned in the manual.

I have GNU papers for Emacs signed.  If this is enough, I'd be happy to
submit a patch.  If so, what would be better: to patch only the
docstrings or the docstrings and the manual.

Best,
mb

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.8)
 of 2019-06-15
Package: Org mode version 9.2 (release_9.2-215-g5b39d8 @
/home/mbork/others-works/emacs/org-mode/lisp/)
--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl