Re: [O] Capture with date prompt defaults to yesterday

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: [O] Capture with date prompt defaults to yesterday
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 13:33:46 +0100

Nicolas, I hope you don't mind me sending a 'ping' for this, as it looks like it might have got lost.  Please do let me know what you think.

Best wishes,
   Neil

On Tue, 28 May 2019 at 21:20, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 14:36, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> wrote:
I have a capture template like this:

 '(org-capture-templates
   (quote
    (("a" "" entry
      (file "~/org/capture.org")
      "** TODO %?
SCHEDULED: %^t"))))

When I use that, the date prompt defaults to yesterday, whereas I'd expect it to default to today.

I believe this is because I also have (setq org-extend-today-until 2).  What happens is that (org-get-cursor-date) gets the right _date_, then converts that to a time at midnight, i.e. <date> 00:00.  And then, I presume, some following code thinks that means <date>-1, because of my org-extend-today-until setting.

Thoughts?

Many thanks,
   Neil

Well I think it's a bug and propose the attached fix.  Please let me know what you think.

     Neil