[O] timing simulated editing of org-files

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] timing simulated editing of org-files
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 21:16:09 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am working on fixing some performance issues in org-ref for large files (https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/issues/647). The issue is there is some interaction with font-lock that is triggered when editing that results in font-lock updates and it is especially notable in big files. I have two implementations to fix it, but I want to do some timing tests while editing, preferably in an automated way like a test.

I wondered if anyone here knows how to do timing tests of simulated editing in org buffers.

I posted a similar question on stackoverflow:

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/50852/profiling-simulated-interactive-editing

in case anyone wants to answer there.

Thanks,

John