[O] bug#35419: [Proposal] Buffer Lenses and the Case of Org-Mode (also,

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: [O] bug#35419: [Proposal] Buffer Lenses and the Case of Org-Mode (also, Jupyter)
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 22:49:51 +0800

Dear Dmitrii,

Regarding the question about buffer-lens interaction. Let's take even
more complicated example:  To run the command, the user hits some key
combination, which happens to be bound to different commands in the main
buffer and in the lense buffer (i.e. the main buffer is in org-mode, the
lense is in mingus-mode, and the key is C-d). What should be the
behaviour in such a case? run the commands in both the buffers? decide
depending on the point position? It is easy to make up similar
complicated examples if you consider some exotic major modes in the
lense buffer.

I think that it would be more effective if someone decide on some basic
approach for the low-level implementation of the lense-mode (which
probably involves modifying emacs C-level source code) and continue the
discussion according to the benefits/limitations of that kind of
implementation.

Best,
Ihor