Re: [O] Fwd: Questions about org-element

From: Ngor
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: Questions about org-element
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 19:06:15 -0400

Hi Org community.

I am re-posting my questions here according to Nicolas' recommendation.

I am working on a standalone parser implementation for Org which is basically a translation of elisp program to Rust
https://github.com/org-rs/org-rs

There are couple of things I wanted to ask about:

1) I have discovered several inconsistencies and errors in the Syntax/API documentation
https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-element-api.html vs https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html vs elisp source
And I don't know the right way to report them.

2) I think I have found a bug in the algorithm (org-element-collect affiliated keywords does not take granularity into accound and seems to be always parsing objects in Caption keyword)

3) I have a question regarding the elisp source source (specifically about the :parent of the parsed objects of the keyword)

I can elaborate on each point but I don't want to overwhelm everybody with details right from the start. I guess the meta-question is where and how
should I discuss these points? - I never used mailing lists before (If I did something incorrectly or do not follow the established rituals/traditions please do not judge me harshly. )

Thanks
Ihor

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 3:02 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Ngor <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry to bother you. Just want to make sure that you've received my
> email..

I confirm I received this one. However, I suggest to communicate through
to the Org mailing list (<mailto:address@hidden>).

>> I am working on a standalone parser for Org
>> https://github.com/org-rs/org-rs/tree/master
>>
>> I closely follow the original elisp algorithm and read
>> - https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-element-api.html
>> - https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html
>>
>> I have discovered several inconsistencies and errors in the
>> Syntax/API documentation, as well as I think I have found a bug in
>> the algorithm.

Please report them.

Note that the cache is currently known as buggy. Help is welcome to fix,
or re-implement it.

>> Also I have some questions regarding some aspects of the algorithm.

Feel free to ask questions. I'll do my best to help you. However, I am
very busy at the moment, so do not expect too much from me.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou