[O] Suggestion for note capture

From: Andrea Giugliano
Subject: [O] Suggestion for note capture
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 16:37:59 +0000

Hi Nathan,

I think I have a starting point for you:

----------------------
(defun ag/org-add-note-to-last-entry ()
  "Add a note to the main agenda file under the latest visited
heading (untested in case the org buffer is not available)"
  (interactive)
  (let ((buffer (car (org-buffer-list 'files 't))))
    (with-current-buffer buffer
      (org-add-note)
      (message "%S" (concat "Adding note in heading: " (fifth
(org-heading-components)))))))
-----------------------

This function adds a note to the last heading you were editing before
switching file. It is limited to the first file in your
"org-buffer-list" (so does not work if you have multiple org files from
which you generate your agenda).

I imagine you could extend this by choosing the file that has a clock
open (i.e., you need to change the "buffer" binding accordingly), move
to the clocked heading (i.e., add some logic before "org-add-note") and
pointing to the subheading (i.e., again adding some logic before
"org-add-note").

Hope this gives you a lead.

Best,

Andrea