Re: [O] Parens matching off in babel code block

From: Bruno BARBIER
Subject: Re: [O] Parens matching off in babel code block
Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 22:11:51 +0200

Hi Lawrence,

Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> writes:

> Not sure what you mean. This is the problem, i.e., just this code
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (> 1 2)
> #+end_src
>
> in an org file produces a parens mismatch, which, BTW, check-parens also
> flags. Anywhere else (e.g., *scratch*) in Emacs this code produces no
> mismatch.

In an org buffer, '>' is a closing delimiter. In an elisp buffer (like
the *scratch* one), '>' is just a symbol (you can use the command
'describe-char' to have a description of the character at point).

In short, if I understand correctly, it's not supposed to work like you
expect; you need to edit the source block to do things that really
depend on the code source syntax (C-c ').

Bruno