Re: [O] Porting Apple Calendars to org-mode

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Porting Apple Calendars to org-mode
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 21:42:37 +0200

Hi Mohamed,

On 2019-04-24 at 21:32 +0200, Mohamed Wael Khobalatte
<address@hidden> wrote...
org-mode),
> Does anyone know how I can get my Apple calendar to show up in
> org-mode as readonly (preferably)? I had no luck with org-mac-iCal.

There are several tools named ical2org - different languages, implementations,
and/or forks. I used to use one of them when I was on OS X and it worked well
for me.

I'm not on OS X anymore but use something called "ical2orgpy" that downloads
ICS files from Google and Outlook (and could from iCloud I think?) and converts
them to read-only Org buffers. The top line is

-*- eval: (eval (progn (auto-revert-mode 1) (read-only-mode 1))); -*-

So they are read-only and Emacs updates them when the buffer gets changed on
disk w/o any questions.

  -k.