Re: [O] Is is possible to summarize contents of a task in the agenda hea

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: [O] Is is possible to summarize contents of a task in the agenda headings?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 06:20:14 +0000

<address@hidden> writes:

> Say I have a bunch of tasks like this:
>
> * TODO task with many subtasks
> ** TODO subtask 1
> ** TODO subtask 2
> * TODO another task with many subtasks
> ** TODO another subtask 1
> ** TODO another subtask 2
>
> And so on.
>
> Now, in the agenda, I would like some kind of summarizing, perhaps like:
>
> * TODO task with many subtasks, subtask 1, subtask 2
> * TODO another task with many subtasks, another subtask 1, another subtask 2
>
> Is this possible?
>
> The reason is that I have many "tasks with many subtasks", so I have
> used the setting to hide them in the Agenda. Still, I would like to know
> something about the contents of such grouping tasks in the agenda, if
> possible.

Maybe you want the 'org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels' variable?

Another more complicated option that I've just begun looking at is the
:agenda-group capability in the org-super-agenda package on MELPA.  The
documentation is interesting on the website, but I haven't quite figured
out the trick to make it work for me.  You can find it here:

https://github.com/alphapapa/org-super-agenda

--
David Masterson