Re: [O] Logging :LOGBOOK: entries to a heading in org-mode without TODO

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [O] Logging :LOGBOOK: entries to a heading in org-mode without TODO state changes
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 09:01:07 +0200

Hi Daryl,
* Daryl Manning <address@hidden> [2019-04-08; 22:46]:
> I have org-mode set up at the moment to log changes in my TODO states (at
> the moment, TODO, CHASE, GAVE, KILL, DONE) as well as deadline changes and

would you please elaborate on the semantics of these (esp. chase,
gave)?

> reschedules into a logbook drawer. That's working great.
>
> However, I have begun using org-contacts as an ersatz CRM for myself and
> keeping track of mails, meets, and other administrivia tracking people I'm
> interacting with.
>
> I'd love to have a way to as easily use something CTRL-C-T and then have
> the ability to log an item into a Logbook drawer under each
> heading name.

There's org-add-note, bound by default to C-c C-z, which does
exactly that.  It even works from the agenda.

> Is there a way to do this easily without hacking TODO states? Or are there
> other ways people are doing this to achieve the same goal (I'm also hoping
> to set PING deadlines on people so that I am making sure to recontact them
> at various intervals over time, but still trying to puzzle that out... =]
> ).

I tried to use org-habit for this, but it gets clumsy, if you
want to contact somebody round about every 60 days or so.

Ciao; Gregor
--