[O] Setting html special blocks id=name is problematic

From: Carlos Pita
Subject: [O] Setting html special blocks id=name is problematic
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 01:42:17 -0300

Hi all,

the html exporter produces a div with id = name when the #+name property is set for a special block. Since names are search targets they could be used in links of the form [[name]]. Now this link will fail in the browser because it will search for the internally generated id returned by org-export-get-reference and there is no html element with this id in the exported output. The problem I see here is that org searches for the link target using the name property but produces html that searches for this same target using a non-exported id instead. Given that there already is an #+attr_html keyword to set the id property if so desired, wouldn't it be a better idea to set the id property to the internally generated identifier so links are able to resolve both in emacs and in the browser the same way? I could write a simple patch but I would like to know your opinion on this first.

Best regards
--
Carlos