Re: [O] org-show-context-detail and tree expansion

From: pinkanon pinkanon
Subject: Re: [O] org-show-context-detail and tree expansion
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 19:10:02 +0200

OK, problem found.

The helm code is this:

(defun helm-org-goto-marker (marker)
  (switch-to-buffer (marker-buffer marker))
  (goto-char (marker-position marker))
  (org-show-context)
  (re-search-backward "^\\*+ " nil t)
  (org-show-entry))

So, org-show-entry is called and it results in ellipsis instead of children.

> org-show-entry
> Show the body directly following this heading.
> Show the heading too, if it is currently invisible.

Fair to say, it does what it says.

I will go w/ custom a function which uses org-cycle for now,
though the helm implementation would probably be better off
having some general org-show function which works like org-show-context
(i.e. refers to some list of customizable defaults + takes an argument)
 but for headings. Is there such function?