Re: [O] ivy-bibtex and orgmode inserts ebib: link

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [O] ivy-bibtex and orgmode inserts ebib: link
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 13:06:09 +0100

On Fri, Mar 22 2019, Eric S Fraga wrote:
I am going down a rabbit hole here...

Short question: how can I add a new link type to org? It used to be
that we would use ~org-add-link-type~ but this is
deprecated.  Fine.  The documentation points to
~org-link-set-parameters~ instead but this can only set the parameters for known links. Known links seem to be defined by a complex regex in
~org-link-types-re~.

What is the replacement for ~org-add-link-type~ in the latest version of
org, if any?  Or do I have to both add to the regex and set link
parameters separately?

I'm pretty sure the regex is created automatically. I only needed to do this:

(org-link-set-parameters "ebib" :follow #'org-ebib-open :store #'org-ebib-store-link)

And then define the functions `org-ebib-open` and `org-ebib-store-link`. (Cf. <https://github.com/joostkremers/ebib/blob/master/org-ebib.el>).

And yes, I apologize for the irony. ;-)

--
Joost Kremers