[O] Archiving to a subtree

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: [O] Archiving to a subtree
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 09:23:36 -0700

Hello list,

I used to archive items to a subtree (in an archive file) using some functions
provided on this list back in 2014 [1]. I recently updated Org and this code
stopped working because the 'org-extract-archive-file' function has been
removed. This was commit 9d603b1854f658202024807c17ffc1fd47a3cd74

Does anyone have a replacement function that archives sub-items to sub-trees?
I'm looking for behavior that will take **bar:

file.org:
* Foo
** Bar

And archive it to **bar under *foo like this:

archive/file.org_archive
* Foo
** Bar

I don't see any mention of this in the NEWS.org.

Thanks,

  -k.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-08/msg00109.html