Re: [O] Macro that calls external program

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Macro that calls external program
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 16:48:10 -0400

See the variables org-export-before-processing-hook and
org-export-before-parsing-hook.

You can put something like this in a noexport tagged build heading in
your document. Here I run head on the org-file to just get the first
three lines. you can replace that with your external filter.:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(let ((org-export-before-parsing-hook '((lambda (backend)
                                          "lightly tested"
                                          (let ((new-doc
(shell-command-to-string (format "head -n 3 \"%s\"" (buffer-file-name)))))
                                            (erase-buffer)
                                            (insert new-doc))))))

  (org-open-file (org-html-export-to-html)))

#+END_SRC

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F