Re: [O] Bug: org-table-separator-space behaviour under zoom [9.2.2 (9.2.

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-table-separator-space behaviour under zoom [9.2.2 (9.2.2-elpa @ /home/lord/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190304/)]
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2019 11:21:23 +0100

Hello,

Vadim Zaliva <address@hidden> writes:

> When using C-x C-- or C-x C-+ to change display font size, table heading
> becomes misaligned. I've tracked down the problem to
> `org-table-separator-space` variable. The space inserted by it retains old
> size which skews alignment. Replacing it with " " via setq fixes it for a
> session. I tried to override it via `org-hook` and `orgtbl-mode-hook` but
> it somehow gets reset back to old value a first time I press C-c C-c to
> re-alight the table!

The `org-table-separator-space' value was introduced to handle RTL
languages in tables. We cannot replace it with plain " " without
introducing a regression.

See
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-12/msg00526.html>

Would setting `org-table-separator-space' to

  (propertize " " 'display '(space :relative-width 1))

fix your issue?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou