[O] API for manipulating #+PROPERTY entries?

From: Nik Clayton
Subject: [O] API for manipulating #+PROPERTY entries?
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 07:51:06 +0100

Hoi,

Is there an API for manipulating properties that are set in #+PROPERTY lines before the first headline of a file (i.e., not in a property drawer)?

I've got some properties that (a) make sense when set for the whole file, and (b) the file contains multiple first level headings (which isn't going to change).

Using org-entry-put when point is before the first headline throws a "Before first headline" error (when when the #+PROPERTY line already exists and I want to update an existing entry).