Re: [O] Completely hide the :PROPERTIES: drawer in org-mode.

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] Completely hide the :PROPERTIES: drawer in org-mode.
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 19:44:47 +0100

> More generally, I feel uneasy about completely hiding stuff. Org format
> is not meant to be opaque. I think the current situation is fine, as far
> as /core/ Org is concerned. Of course, users are free to extend it to
> their own needs.

Yes, indeed.

Occasionally I use

#v+
#+begin_src elisp
; lexical binding, please!
(let (ols)

  (defun mw-org-hide-meta-heading-info ()
    "Hide meta data following headings."
    (interactive)
    (org-show-all) ; expand all props before make invisible to avoid ellipses.
    (save-excursion
      (goto-char (point-min))
      (unless (org-at-heading-p) (outline-next-heading))
      (while (not (eobp))
        (let ((beg (1+ (progn (end-of-line) (point))))
              (end (1- (progn (org-end-of-meta-data t) (point)))))
          (when (< beg end)
            (push (make-overlay beg end) ols)
            (overlay-put (car ols) 'invisible t)))
        (when (not (org-at-heading-p))
          (outline-next-heading)))))

  (defun mw-org-show-meta-info-lines ()
    "Show meta info."
    (interactive)
    (mapc #'delete-overlay ols)
    (setq ols nil)))
#+end_src
#v-

to completely get the property meta stuff out of sight.

Ciao,
--
Marco
GPG: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=0x49010A040A3AE6F2