[O] org-icalendar: Change dates to today in VEVENT export

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: [O] org-icalendar: Change dates to today in VEVENT export
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 12:47:52 +0000

Hi there yall;

I use org-icalendar to export my TODOs and events to an ics, that is then imported in Google Calendar.  As far as I can see, Google Calendar still doesn't support VTODOs, so only the VEVENTs are relevant.  My goal is to have my day on Google Calendar looks like my Org Agenda; in particular this means:

1.   I want my repeats to appear today.

To do this, I have to artificially bump the timestamp of the VEVENTs that correspond to a not-DONE TODO to today (and maybe add the "72x" indicating that the TODO was scheduled 72 days ago).  How can I do that?

I believe this is not doable out of the box and that I'll have to modify org-icalendar-entry; is that correct?

2.   I want my DEADLINEs to show up `org-deadline-warning-days` days before in the export.

Again this means that I have to artificially change the date of the VEVENT (and maybe add the "in 6d.").  How can I do that?

Thanks very much!

Cheers;
M.