Re: [O] M-S-RET doesn't work anymore?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] M-S-RET doesn't work anymore?
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:04:24 -0500

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 3:54 PM Marco Wahl <address@hidden> wrote:
As a workaround you can evaluate the lines (that were active before the
commit)

(org-defkey org-mode-map (kbd "S-<return>") #'org-table-copy-down)
(org-defkey org-mode-map (kbd "M-S-<return>") #'org-insert-todo-heading)
(org-defkey org-mode-map (kbd "ESC S-<return>") #'org-insert-todo-heading)

or put them into your init file AFAICS.

Yep, that commit broke the -<return> bindings for me too. I'll have to do the same.

Copying Kevin who originally requested the change of these bindings (this switching of bindings between RET and <return> feels like dejavu to me .. I have seen this done before in Org repo).

Is this a reliable fix to add these lines to the source code again?
To be honest I don't see clearly.

May be those keys should be bound to both RET and <return> variants?

For Emacs GUI, I think that the <return> variant is needed, RET does nothing.