Re: [O] ob-clojure with tangling current broken

From: Frederick Giasson
Subject: Re: [O] ob-clojure with tangling current broken
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 08:01:48 -0500

Hi,

That's why I added a patch recently. Now Nicolas already applied my
patch. You should already seen it now.

Yeah I just received that email right after I sent mine. Didn't know it was in the pipeline, I just re-subscribed to the mailing list.

> It turns out that the culprit is the following line:
> https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/lisp/ob-clojure.el#L108
>
> I am wondering why is there such code injection in
> "org-babel-expand-body:clojure". It looks like to be related to the Clojure code
> block execution, but it also appears to be called from the tangling function.
> Clearly those two different use cases needs to be properly handled at the level
> of "ob-clojure.el"

Expanding clojure code is necessary to tangling, because when user have
noweb reference etc in source block, expanding here is necessary.

Yes, that is right. What I was referring to I guess is to handle that case (tangling vs. code block execution within Emacs), which is what this patch is about, thanks!

> I didn't follow all the changes to the "ob-clojure" mode in the last year or so,
> so please pardon my ignorance if the module is taking a different direction than
> I am used to. Is there a rational behind this behaviour or is there a new feature
> that I am not aware of which properly handle those two use cases?

Which part you don't understand, I might can answer your question,
because I did most of those changes in last year.

The only thing I meant here is that the last time I looked into this code, it was quite different, you guys appears to have worked a lot on it.

Another thing I discovered is the =ob-clojure-literate=, but even after reading its [sparse] doc and its code, I am not sure what it concretely adds to =ob-clojure=

Thanks for this work!

Take care,

Fred