Re: [O] Bug or known issue: org-clock-display

From: Ben McGinnes
Subject: Re: [O] Bug or known issue: org-clock-display
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 06:44:47 +1100

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 07:56:03PM +0100, Marco Wahl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > no longer see the totals and org-clock-display produces the following
> > error message:
> >
> >     Total file time: 0:00 (0 hours and 0 minutes)
>
> This is the expected behavior of the org-clock-display function AFAICS.
>
> See
>
>     C-h f org-clock-display
>
> and
>
>     C-h v org-clock-display-default-range
>
> The default value of org-clock-display-default-range is ‘thisyear’ which
> means that the result of
>
>     M-x org-clock-display
>
> indeed depends on the current time.
>
> Find also the meanings of prefix arguments for org-clock-display in
> the documentation.

Ah, cheers, this does indeed make it much more clear and changing
org-clock-display-default-range from "thisyear" to "untilnow" has
resulted in exactly what I wanted (and originally expected).  Though I
can see why it might be preferable for a default setting to run
through to the end of the current year.

Regards,
Ben