Re: [O] org-ref exports nicely to html but not to odt

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref exports nicely to html but not to odt
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 17:34:06 -0500

I have used pandoc a little a while ago.   See
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2015/01/29/Export-org-mode-to-docx-with-citations-via-pandoc/

If you search pandoc on my blog you may find some more.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 5:28 PM Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> "Ken" == Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:

   > On 2019-01-04 at 22:37 +0100, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:
   >> I exported the org file in question to latex (I could also start
   >> directly with latex for that matter.)

   > Yes.

   >> Could I stick with bibtex?

   > Yes. No need to use biber + biblatex, you can stick with bibtex.

   > I only run that command because my massive 3000+ bib file contains
   > things that pandoc has trouble with (accents? Not sure). That command
   > extracts the bibtex entries used in the current document.

   > As I write this I realize this means you don't even need to compile
   > the PDF and/or run bibtex. If you have a TeX file and an appropriate
   > accompanying BiBTeX file, that should work.

   >> pandoc -f latex -t docx -o test.docx --bibliography /home/oub/texmf/bibtex/bib/bibgraf.bib  test.tex
   >>
   >> /home/oub/texmf/bibtex/bib/bibgraf.bib is my main bibtex date base.
   >>
   >> But this did not work pandoc gets frozen.
   >>
   >> What do I miss.

   > I don't know. Try with a small bib file with 1 entry (and a TeX file
   > that only cites that one entry). Does that work? Then maybe your
   > bibgraf.bib has the same problem mine does (although I recall pandoc
   > issuing an error and crashing, not just freezing).

I tried that and it did not work neither, I might need to write the
pandoc list.
--
John

Professor John Kitchin