Re: [O] Release 9.2

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: [O] Release 9.2
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 17:39:15 -0500

On 12/27/18 4:41 AM, Bastien wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Org 9.2 is out: https://orgmode.org

Greetings Org users,

I installed Org 9.2 and I'm enjoying some of the new features.

The new structure template mechanism is really nice because now I only have to
remember C-c C-,.

The ability to dynamically narrow and widen table columns makes it a lot easier
to work with tables which have a large number of columns.

Being able to exclude unnumbered headlines from the table of contents solves a
problem I've struggled with for awhile.

The best new feature for me is the attachment of the new variable
org-toggle-narrow-to-subtree to the "s" speed key. I narrow to subtrees
constantly, and this new feature means I will soon forget the old cumbersome
way without regret.

Like previous releases, Org 9.2 is a superb release. Everyone who worked to
make this release happen has my appreciation and thanks.

Scott Randby