Re: [O] Possible bug(s) in MathML handling in ODT export

From: Emmanuel Charpentier
Subject: Re: [O] Possible bug(s) in MathML handling in ODT export
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 23:20:12 +0100

Sorry for the noise : the bugs do exist, but my previous analysis was
false (one paren too much).

More data points :

  * I installed also MathToWeb, and configured it in emacs
    (via file-local-variables), with the same problematic result.

  * The error message "LaTeX to MathML converter not configured"
    appears exactly twice in org.el:
    + In org-format-latex
    + In org-create-math-formula

  * In both cases, the call has the form :
    (unless (org-format-latex-mathml-available-p)
            (user-error "LaTeX to MathML converter not configured")))

  * When evaluated from M-: (org-format-latex-mathml-available-p)
    returns t (as it should...).

  * I have been so far unable to trace the origin of the faulty
    evaluations. I'll probably have to run an uncompiled org for this,
    and I don't (yet) know how to do that.

Interim hypothesis : the relevant variables
(org-latex-to-mathml-jar-file and org-latex-to-mathml-convert-command)
may be inadvertently shadowed somewhere upstream in the call tree.

I'm afraid to be a bit out of my depth here...

Suggestions ?

--
Emmanuel Charpentier