[O] Org Mode - Organize Your Life In Plain Text!

From: David Masterson
Subject: [O] Org Mode - Organize Your Life In Plain Text!
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 18:13:27 +0000

I've been reading Bernt Hansen's excellent paper on setting up Org-Mode,
but I noticed that it is rather dated and was wondering if Bernt is
watching and plans to update the paper.  In particular, the last version
of the paper on his website has a couple of things that I think should
be fixed even if he doesn't do anything further with the paper.

1. Update the stale screen shots to match the rest of the paper so that
people can see what you're talking about directly -- they would be very
helpful.

2. Embed the version numbers in the paper so that when people download
the paper, they don't lose the version/date of the paper they
downloaded.  If I read it right, the paper calls a function which gets
the version from git.  That won't work if I just download the org file.

Is Bernt watching?
--
David