Re: [O] cannot export to beamer.

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] cannot export to beamer.
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 09:49:12 -0800

On 2018-12-15 at 09:38 -0800, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am very used to the beamer style and it works on my machine quite
> well.

But it doesn't work quiet well according to this email. What changed? Are you
on a new machine? Is LaTeX installed?

> Now I took the example
> https://orgmode.org/manual/A-Beamer-example.html#A-Beamer-example
>
> And wanted to export it to beamer but obtained the message
> user-error: Unknown LaTeX class ‘beamer’
>
> Which leaves me puzzled.

I'm using Org -> Beamer. I don't know it well, but on my system I do not have

#+LATEX_CLASS: beamer

I do have

#+STARTUP: beamer

However, the example you linked to works fine with for me with either of those
settings.

  -k.