[O] Mean of a column in a remote table

From: Roger Mason
Subject: [O] Mean of a column in a remote table
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 09:12:45 -0330

Hello,

I _think_ this question has a simple answer, but I cannot find it.

I need the mean of a column in a remote table.  My current attempt looks
like this:

| Data              |     a |
|-------------------+-------|
| mic_2_in_648_cell |       |
#+tblfm: $2=remote($1,vmean(@address@hidden))

#+name: mic_2_in_648_cell
|         a |
|-----------|
| 28.886207 |
| 28.900981 |
| 28.886101 |
| 28.900659 |
| 28.900526 |
| 28.886694 |
| 28.886559 |
|  28.90024 |
| 28.900524 |
| 28.900583 |
| 28.886496 |

The second column of the upper table is intended to receive the mean of
table 'mic_2_in_648_cell'.  Instead I get the error 'Row descriptor -1
leads outside table'.

This is a cut down example that captures the essence.

Thanks for any help.

Roger
GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, i386-portbld-freebsd11.2, GTK+ Version 3.22.29)
Org mode version 9.1.13 (release_9.1.13-784-ged7d1d @
/home/rmason/.emacs.d/org-git/lisp/)