Re: [O] meaning for _ (and perhaps ^) temporalily changed

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] meaning for _ (and perhaps ^) temporalily changed
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 13:55:10 -0500

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 5:34 AM Rudolf Sykora <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> is there a way to *temporalily* disable the default interpretation
> of _ as a subscript?
>
> I use filenames which include _ , while I have
> many other places where I want the default behaviour
> (I don't want to rewrite these with explicit {} and changing
> org-use-sub-superscripts variable to {}).

If you set this in your Emacs config:

(setq org-export-with-sub-superscripts '{})

The subscripts and superscripts will be parsed only when the
to-be-subscripted/superscripted is enclosed in _{..} and ^{..}
respectively.

If you don't want to set this option globally,add this to the top of
your Org file:

>From Org manual (org) Export Settings:

‘^’
     Toggle TeX-like syntax for sub- and superscripts.  If you write
     ‘^:{}’, ‘a_{b}’ is interpreted, but the simple ‘a_b’ is left as it
     is (‘org-export-with-sub-superscripts’).