Re: [O] ODT export --> opening in Okular?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] ODT export --> opening in Okular?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 11:41:23 -0500

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

> As a final test, I deleted both the PDF and ODT entries from
> org-file-apps -- so that there is absolutely no reference in any org
> code file or variable to okular -- and it is *still* opening the
> exported ODT in okular! Which strikes me as insane.
>
> org-open-file seems to be a rather complex function. I can't make
> heads or tails of it. If I had to guess, I would suppose that it has
> some fallback position that doesn't depend on org configuration
> variables.

Check your ~/.mailcap and/or /etc/mailcap file as well: there are indeed
many twisty passages through org-open-file, so you may end up calling
whatever the system has set up (correctly or not).

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler