Re: [O] Feature request: simplify usage of special blocks (for beamer)

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Feature request: simplify usage of special blocks (for beamer)
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 11:58:03 +0000

On Saturday,  1 Dec 2018 at 16:23, Carlos Pita wrote:
> The idea is that stuff that is very specific to a backend X would be
> in :attrs_X, but stuff that is related to what makes the block
> semantically special could be in :args.

And this is where the challenge lies!  The whole point of special blocks is
that org knows nothing of their semantics.  They are a "black box" and it would
be difficult to identify export specific elements and general elements on this
basis.

> Nevertheless special blocks will probably be backend specific in most
> cases.

Many but not all.  And hence the difficulty.

Sorry for being negative.  I sympathize fully with your aims as I use special
blocks all the time and don't particularly like the attr lines either.  But I
see no general solution to this.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.14-1035-gfeb442