Re: [O] org-envolve.el

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-envolve.el
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 09:15:43 +0100

Hello,

David Arroyo Menendez <address@hidden> writes:

> I've implemented a new file to contrib/lisp.

Is there any reason to favor contrib/lisp instead of some ELPA? I'm
asking this because I'd like to reduce the number of packages in
contrib/.

> It's called org-envolve.el,
> this file implements functions to help to format in org-mode from
> ASCII. For instance, you have a bash source that you are copying in your
> buffer, later you can call org-envolve-tags to add #+BEGIN_SRC bash in
> the beginning and #+END_SRC in the end. I use this feature all weeks in
> the year.

Why don't you use <C-c C-,>? It turns a region into a source block.
Thus, it would be <C-x h C-c C-, s b a s h RET>

> But the file provides functions to envolve numbered list, or
> check list.

You can also turn a region into a list with <C-c ->.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou