Re: [O] Placement of \makeatletter with address@hidden

From: Julius Müller
Subject: Re: [O] Placement of \makeatletter with address@hidden
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 14:47:04 +0100

Am 29.11.18 um 14:07 schrieb Loris Bennett:
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Oh, or perhaps just a typo is involved: is it really
>>> address@hidden or rather address@hidden you are chasing
>>> after?
>>
>> Also, you may need to define your mytextheight as a length and then use
>> \setlength instead of \let.
>
> After correcting the typo I followed Eric's and Julius's suggestions and
> I tried adding
>
>   #+LATEX_HEADER: address@hidden
>
> to the beginning of the Org file, but in this case
>
>   \the\mytextheight
> > is 0.0pt.

That's what I suspected. You could try to wrap this line in an
#+begin_export latex block (as I suggested), then it will be within the
document instead of in the preamble.

I usually refrain from using AtBeginDocument hooks (Gustavo Barros'
suggestion) because I do not know enough about them, so I rather add the
commands to a place I can see ;-)

>  After that I tried adding the definition on the slide itself
>
>   #+BEGIN_SRC latex
>   address@hidden
>   #+END_SRC

Hm, src-block? I would have thought you should wrap that in an
export-block, so those commands get added to the exported document, not
quoted within as a source code. That would mean

#+begin_export latex
address@hidden
#+end_export

HTH,