[O] [Patch] Allow skipping the local org cycle SUBTREE state

From: Matthew Palermo
Subject: [O] [Patch] Allow skipping the local org cycle SUBTREE state
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:33:01 +1000

Hi Org,

Attached is a patch that adds a customization variable,
org-cycle-local-skip-subtree, which, when set to t (nil by default)
will cause the SUBTREE state to be skipped when using org-cycle
locally. All behaviour remains the same by default.

I find the SUBTREE state such an unpleasant experience when using
org-cycle locally to the extent that I find it better when it is
disabled completely. I hope that others might find it useful and I
hope to get it merged into Org so that I don't have to maintain a fork
of org.el.

The change passes the test suite. No tests were added.

Cheers,
Matthew Palermo