Re: [O] HTML :exports both problem

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] HTML :exports both problem
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 15:51:42 +0000

On Monday, 19 Nov 2018 at 09:02, Lawrence Bottorff wrote:
> That did the trick.

Great!

> Though I'm wondering why the #+name: would cause such craziness.

Probably because org tries to place the result of the src block after
the associated results line if it is a named src block.  With no name, I
imagine it looks for a results block with no name as well.  If the name
statement is not used, the results come immediately after the src block.

> . . Also, would anyone know why
>
>  #+begin_src lisp :results output :exports both
>   (dotimes (x 20)
>     (dotimes (y 20)
>       (format t "~3d " (* (1+ x) (1+ y))))
>     (format t "~%"))
> #+end_src
>

> produces
>
> #+RESULTS:
>
> #+begin_example

[...]

> #+end_example
>
> which is great. How did it know to sandwich the output between
> #+begin_example/#+end_example, thereby preserving the linefeeds? That's
> amazing. Is there a way to toggle that behavior?

By default, "output" is placed in the buffer as an example.  If less
than a certain number of lines (10?), each line is prefixed with
":".  If there are more lines, they are placed in the example block, as
you have seen.  The manual doesn't seem to say this however.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.14-1035-gfeb442