Re: [O] Getting feedback from a website created with OrgMode ??

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Getting feedback from a website created with OrgMode ??
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 17:18:50 -0600

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 4:54 PM David Masterson <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd like some ideas on how to create a website with OrgMode.  OrgMode is
> very good at creating static web-pages of any sort of structure.  What I
> think I'd like to do is create a more dynamic web-page.  My particular
> use-case is the following:
>
> 1. I'd like to create a website of information for my family of calendar
> information and financial information that they might need in day to day
> keeping track of family needs.
>
> 2. I'd like the family to be able to comment on the information as
> needed to let me know if something is wrong or missing.  This might be a
> comment at the bottom of the web-page or an email feedback with a tag of
> the particular web-page (so I can find it later).
>
> 3. I'd also like them to be able to fill in information that I request
> from them that I can backfill later.  Things like names of secretaries
> for new doctors or times for new appointments.
>
> What options do I have for doing this in OrgMode??

You might look into nikola:
- https://plugins.getnikola.com/v7/orgmode/

I've used it and think it's pretty awesome. I *haven't* used comments,
but they look possible:
- static: https://getnikola.com/blog/really-static-comments-with-staticman.html
- more "standard" options mentioned:
https://oliver2213.me/posts/self-hosted-comments-with-nikola/

Not sure on what you want in #3 exactly. Like fill in a form and store
the answer? Or have a blank in the exported document that you somehow
store/get/use later? It brings to mind input fields you could have
emailed to you, or piping those into a database? The main point was to
make you aware of nikola if you hadn't heard of it...

John