Re: [O] FW: [RFC] Link-type for attachments, more attach options

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [O] FW: [RFC] Link-type for attachments, more attach options
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:42:20 +0800

Hi Gustav,

> I'm not sure I follow your suggestion regarding changing the
> implementation. But anyhow I don't think the implementation is heavy
> and at risk of cumbersome code duplication. My opinion ofc 😊

Sure. The code is not that complicated.

> I like the idea of a function that would symbolically links folders
> from "ID"-folder structure to a hierarchy-folder structure, based on
> the name and path of the org-file  and its headings containing the
> links. I probably wouldn't use it much myself though. Not until
> org-mode starts working better with multiple files, allowing us to
> more easily define "org-mode libraries".

I am wondering what you mean by "org-mode libraries". Can you explain
further?

Also, another thought about the attachment: links.
It would be useful to implement links to attachments, which are not in
the current org entry.
For example, something like "attachment:ORG-ID:file-name", where ORG-ID
refers to ID of an arbitrary org entry.

Best,
Ihor