Re: [O] LaTeX chunk makes .org file not in Org mode

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX chunk makes .org file not in Org mode
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 16:32:29 +0000

On Friday, 16 Nov 2018 at 13:28, address@hidden wrote:
>  > >   %%% Local Variables:
>  > >   %%% mode: latex
>  > >   %%% TeX-master: t
>  > >   %%% End:

> But it is certainly not obvious to me why the content of this chunk
> takes precedence over the file extension -- after all, the manual
> says: "Files with the ‘.org’ extension use Org mode by default."

Because local variables are set after the initial loading of the
file.  When the file is opened, the mode is initially determined by the
autoload settings but then local variables allow you to change this as
file extensions may not always reflect what you want.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.13-894-gf79545