[O] LaTeX chunk makes .org file not in Org mode

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: [O] LaTeX chunk makes .org file not in Org mode
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:54:18 +0100

Hello.  I guess this is normal, but I wanted to report it in case
there is room for improvement:

After inserting a latex file into an .org file, I ended up with the
following part in the org file (which was an agenda file):

  %%% Local Variables:
  %%% mode: latex
  %%% TeX-master: t
  %%% End:

Editing this file as an org file (in Org mode), as well as agenda
operations, worked well for weeks until I had to restart emacs.  It
was then not instantaneous to me to find out why, suddenly, 'C-c a a'
failed, whereas I had not changed anything... (with message: "Agenda
file xxx.org is not in Org mode")

It the issue could somehow be made apparent to the user right away
(that is, when the chunk is inserted), it would be easier/faster to
fix.

Regards

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
IPG (Institut de Physique du Globe) | address@hidden