[O] Latex export from org-download images with spaces fails

From: Moritz Schäfer
Subject: [O] Latex export from org-download images with spaces fails
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 09:52:20 +0100

Hello mailing list,

when I use org-download to take a screenshot and automatically import the image into my org document it often contains spaces (because the overlying headline contains spaces and the image gets saved in a folder with the same name).
org-download seems to use URL encoding when storing the link in the org file so these spaces get converted to "%20". Org-mode seems to be fine with this and calling org-toggle-inline-images the image as shown as expected.

However, when exporting to LaTex, the images are not shown in the resulting PDF file (which can recovered by changing the URL encoded spaces to real spaces).

I now wonder which module is the problem here:
- Should LaTex be able to understand URL encoded paths?
- Are URL encoded links normal/encourged in org-mode?
- Should org-download use normal spaces instead of URL encoding?

I'm happy for any suggestion you have on how to workarround this and on where I should file a bug report. I started at org-download (https://github.com/abo-abo/org-download/issues/84)

Thanks for your help